Established in 2021 and funded by the generosity of ASCLS Past Presidents, this scholarship will support a current ASCLS member who is a graduate student in a master’s or doctoral program.
- To encourage career advancement within the laboratory profession by providing financial assistance to medical laboratory scientists pursuing graduate degrees (masters or doctorate).
- To provide financial support to develop future leaders in clinical laboratory science.
The award recipient shall receive $2,000 distributed before or during the fall term of the awarded year. The award is not renewable and cannot be awarded to the same person more than once. Applicants must be enrolled in an accredited graduate program at the time of application.
Applicants must be ASCLS members and certified as a Medical Laboratory Scientist (BOC) and enrolled in an accredited masters or doctoral program. Applicant may be in any stage of their program.
The award application will consist of:
- Letters of recommendation from two faculty
- Evidence of acceptance in an accredited graduate program
Applications will be blinded for review.
Application deadline is April 1st.
Essay Question (500-word response limit per question)
Applicant needs to answer both questions or combine them into a single 1,000-word response.
- Describe your plans upon completing your graduate degree.
- Describe your role in leadership in ASCLS or your workplace.