The ASCLS House of Delegates convenes at the Annual Meeting of the Society, and has authority within the Society regarding the:
- election of the officers and members of the Board of Directors and of elective committees;
- adoption and amendment of the Bylaws and the Articles of Incorporation according to the laws of the state of incorporation; and
- approval of professional practice standards, position papers and the scope and direction for the Society and the profession.
Number of Delegates
The total size of each constituent society delegation is a function of the number of Professional, Ascending Professional and Emeritus members on the last day of April. In order to be credentialed, all delegates must be registered for the Joint Annual Meeting.
- Regardless of how many members there are of a constituent society, each is provided four at-large delegate positions to start.
- The two delegates-at-large will be the president and president-elect or their designated alternates. The third delegate-at-large must be an Ascending Professional delegate. The fourth delegate must be a Developing Professional delegate.
- In addition, each constituent society is allotted one (1) delegate for every fifty (50) members or the majority thereof. Developing Professional, Honorary and Community members do not count towards your membership total for determination of allotted delegates.
Constituent societies may submit alternates equal to the number and composition (e.g. alternates for Ascending and Developing Professional slots need to be filled by the members of the appropriate type) of the primary delegation. The credentialling process for alternates is the same as delegates and has the same deadlines and criteria.
House of Delegates Meetings
The 2023-2024 House of Delegates has two scheduled meetings.
- The Annual Meeting of the House of Delegates will take place on Friday June 30th at 10:00 a.m. Eastern in Providence, Rhode Island, at the conclusion of the ASCLS Joint Annual Meeting. Options for live, in person and virtual attendance will be provided.
- A Midyear Meeting of the House of Delegates will take place on Sunday January 14, 2024 at 2:00 p.m. Eastern time. The meeting is completely virtual.
All Constituent Society presidents of record will receive notification via email of final delegation size and links to submit delegates for credentialling no later than May 15.
Last Updated: March 31, 2023