ASCLS is rolling out a new and improved Mentorship Program for the 2020-21 Society year. The program pairs up mentors and mentees for one year to create a supportive environment that fosters a feeling of belonging and value as a member of the ASCLS community. Participants will develop meaningful relationships with mentors to promote personal and professional growth within ASCLS and beyond.
New this year the mentor matching is now available all year round through ASCLS Connect, and mentors and mentees can self-select each other through an online process.
- Interested participants, complete your member profile and mentor matching criteria.
- Once your profile is completed, you may enroll to be a mentor, mentee, or both.
- Once enrolled you may use the Mentor Directory to search for your potential mentor/mentee.
- Click on the name of the member who you are interested in establishing a mentor/mentee connection with and view their profile.
- If you think you’ve found a good match, look for the Mentor Match badge on their page to request a connection.
- You will receive an optional Mentorship Program curriculum to guide your discussions and mentorship experience.
- Additionally, special ASCLS Connect online communities will be available to you—one for mentors only, one for mentees only, and one for all program participants.
Mentorship is a win-win relationship that benefits both the mentee and mentor.
Benefits for Mentees:
- Increase your sense of belonging in the medical laboratory community
- Develop your professional skills, such as writing, scheduling, communication, and problem solving
- Enhance your leadership skills
- Expand your networking opportunities
- Have fun!
Benefits for Mentors:
- Improve your listening skills
- Learn new developments from your mentee
- Give back to the medical laboratory community
- Feel a sense of personal satisfaction
Find, connect, and share experiences with other medical laboratory scientists, while also growing professionally and personally.