The Clinical Laboratory Educators’ Conference (CLEC) is a partnership between you, other faculty, the American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science (ASCLS), and its CLEC Steering Committee to provide continuing education and networking opportunities for lab administrators, directors, supervisors, staff, educators, students and others in the field of clinical laboratory science. We are eager to publicize your participation in the CLEC program. We appreciate both your cooperation in providing necessary information and your compliance with all program deadlines. Please review the following information, and submit your electronic signature by September 24, 2023. By submitting your information below, you understand and accept the terms of your participation as stated in this agreement. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
This agreement confirms that the presenter will:
- Plan and present the CLEC session described in your speaker invitation email. Online presenter agreement must be received by Sunday, September 24, 2023. If it is not received by this date, you may be required to forfeit this speaking invitation.
- Submit one original of PowerPoint Presentation and any handout materials by February 2, 2024.
- Adhere to all guidelines related to presentations, as stated in the CLEC 2024 Speaker Guidelines and Information
- Provide ASCLS with written permission for any copyrighted materials not owned by the speaker, which are included in the speaker’s presentation and handouts. Beyond “fair use,” copyrighted materials must not be included in presentations or handouts without written permission from copyright holders. Faculty member agrees to indemnify and hold ASCLS harmless against any claims relating to copyright infringement.
- Faculty member agrees to provide ASCLS with an unlimited, non-exclusive license to record, store, and distribute content delivered by faculty members as part of this presenter agreement.
ASCLS will provide the following:
- Distribution of handout materials as stipulated in the CLEC 2024 Speaker Guidelines and Information.
- Uploading of presentation to AV equipment prior to speaker’s session
INFORMATION FOR PRESENTERS
- CLEC 2024 Speaker Guidelines and Information Please Review!
- GENERAL SESSIONS and BREAKOUT SESSIONS: These sessions are open to all conference attendees and qualify for P.A.C.E.® continuing education credits.
- AUDIO VISUAL EQUIPMENT: Meeting rooms will be equipped with an LCD projector, a screen, cables, a laptop and microphone(s). Please notify Michael Cubbage at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 12, 2024 if you require any equipment other than the items indicated above. It will not be possible to make equipment changes on site. We will do our best to accommodate your needs.
- ROOM SET-UP: Most sessions will be set classroom style (tables and chairs) with the possible exception of the general sessions which may be set theater (chairs only).
- REGISTRATION DISCOUNTS OR HONORARIA: Faculty will receive registration discounts or honoraria as stipulated in individual presenter invitations.
- LODGING: Faculty are responsible for making their own lodging arrangements at the Westgate Hotel. Additional information will be posted soon at CLEC Accommodations
- HANDOUTS: ASCLS provides a mobile meeting app and website, where your electronic handout(s) will be posted. This enables participants to preview all sessions and pre-print their own handouts. Submit handouts via CLEC Presenter Materials website by February 2, 2024.
- POWERPOINT PRESENTATION: In order to ensure audio and visual success, ASCLS requires that one PowerPoint presentation be submitted via the CLEC Presenter Materials by February 2, 2024. The slides should be uploaded as a .ppt or .pptx file. Please do not submit slides in PDF format. This file is for use by ASCLS staff only and will not be distributed/shared with attendees. All presentation files will be reviewed by meeting staff to ensure compliance with P.A.C.E. Policies and Guidelines. Should you need to make an update to your PowerPoint presentation after February 2nd, please email email@example.com. Note: presenters may not bring presentations on USB drives; all presentations must be uploaded on the CLEC Presenter Materials site.
The possibility for bias or a conflict of interest occurs when the financial interests of a speaker/author potentially preclude an unbiased, scientific presentation of a subject. The disclosure of possible conflict of interest is requested not to censor or exclude speakers, but to inform the audience so they may decide for themselves whether or not a presentation is biased. Information from this declaration will be disclosed to participants as follows: “Dr. Smith has research support from ABC Technology, Inc.” but will not be used to exclude speakers from an activity.
ASCLS requires all speakers in accredited Continuing Education Activities to disclose any possible bias or conflict of interest regarding the topic that is being presented. A conflict of interest is defined as any financial interest of the speaker in a company’s products or services discussed in the presentation. For example, if the speaker (1) holds stock in the company, (2) is paid salary or consultant fees by the company, (3) has grant support from the company, and/or (4) has received support for travel expenses, honoraria, etc., from the company, a conflict of interest exists regarding this topic and must be reported. If the speaker has a financial interest in a company but is not discussing a product or service of that company, no conflict of interest must be disclosed.
ASCLS reserves the right to cancel this agreement if faculty fails to submit the agreement and other appropriate presentation information by the specified date(s).
The foregoing is in accordance with my understanding of our agreement. Amendments or changes to this agreement must be made in writing and must be signed by all parties.