CLEC PARTNERSHIP RULES, REGULATIONS, AND SERVICES
- CONTRACT: This application, properly executed by applicant (Partner), shall upon written acceptance and notification of space assigned by Meeting Management constitute a valid and binding contract.
- PURPOSE: To impact practice at the cutting edge in clinical laboratories and maximize the impact of clinical laboratory professionals on patient care. Partner displays will serve to introduce products, publications and services, and to educate individuals. Only Partners whose materials are related to those purposes will be allowed to maintain displays. Meeting Management reserves the right to determine, in its sole discretion, whether Partners’ materials relate to the purpose of the meeting.
- ASSIGNMENT OF SPACE: Space assignment is based on the kind of package and size of space requested, the date the contract is received, and utility requirements. Assignment of space is final and shall constitute an acceptance of the Partner’s offer to occupy space. Space assignments may be revoked or changed by Meeting Management any time that the minimum payment schedule is not met.
- SUBLETTING OF SPACE: Partners agree not to assign, sublet or apportion the whole or any part of the space allowed without the knowledge of and written consent of Meeting Management.
- ARRANGEMENT OF SPACE: Partner agrees to arrange space so as not to obstruct the general view and not to hide other partner spaces. Partner may not use space outside the 6 inches on either side of the bounds of the table width or more than 12 inches in front of the table.
- ADVERTISING MATTER: Meeting Management reserves the right to refuse to permit distribution of souvenirs, advertising matter or anything else which it may consider objectionable. Distribution elsewhere than from within a Partner’s assigned space is forbidden.
- SAFETY PRECAUTIONS: Partner agrees to take the necessary measures to safeguard visitors in their area from any hazards associated with partner’s equipment.
- CODE OF CONDUCT AND TERMS OF SERVICE: Partner agrees to adhere to the ASCLS Code of Conduct: https://ascls.org/conduct/
- PAYMENT AND CANCELLATION: The space contract agreement may be canceled by Partner by written notice to the address set forth in this contract. However, in the case of cancellation, the following charges are payable by the Partner:
- Before January 28, 2022 – $175.00 (processing fee)
- On or after January 28, 2022 -100% of space fee
Also, in the event of cancellation, Meeting Management shall have the right to use said space to suit its own convenience, including reselling the space to another Partner, without any rebate or allowance to the defaulting Partner except as provided above.
- OCCUPANCY OF MEETING FACILITY: Meeting Management may terminate this contract in the event the Meeting Facility is destroyed or damaged, or if the Meeting fails to take place as scheduled, is interrupted, discontinued or access is prevented due to any of the following causes: strike, lockout, injunction, emergency, act of God, act of war or any other cause beyond the control of the Meeting Management.
In such event, Partner agrees to waive any and all damages and claims for damages and agrees that the sole liability of Meeting Management and Sponsoring Society shall be to refund to Partner all payments made for Meeting space, less a proportionate share of all expenses incurred and committed by Meeting Management and the Sponsoring Society.
- INSTALLATION AND DISMANTLING: Partner agrees to install all displays no less than one hour prior to the opening of the Meeting at 11:00 a.m. MT on Monday, March 14, 2022. Partner agrees not to dismantle any display nor to engage in any packing before 2:00 p.m. MT on Wednesday, March 16, 2022. Delivery or removal of any portion of a display is not permitted outside of these times without permission from Meeting Management.
- REJECTIONS AND PENALTIES: Management reserves the right to restrict, reject, prohibit or eject any partner, in whole or in part, which because of position, safety hazards or for other prudent reasons becomes objectionable. If any display or Partner is ejected for violation of these rules and regulations, no return of rental fee shall be made.
- INSURANCE AND LIABILITY: Meeting Management and Meeting Facility will use reasonable care to protect Partner against loss. However, they will not be liable for damage or loss to property or injury to Partner, his agents or employees, through theft, damage by fire, accident or other cases. Partner should insure his/her property against such loss. Partner agrees to make no claim against and to protect, indemnify and hold harmless Meeting Management, Sponsoring Society and Meeting Facility against loss, theft or damage to Partner’s property or for any injury to persons in Partner’s area. In the event that Meeting Management or Sponsoring Society shall be held liable resulting from Partner’s act or failure to act, Partner agrees to indemnify them and hold them harmless.
- MEETING MANAGEMENT: The phrases “Meeting Management” and “Sponsoring Society” as used herein refer to the American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science (ASCLS).
Partner further agrees that the conditions, rules and regulations of Meeting Management are made part of this contract and that said Partner agrees to be bound by each and all of these rules and regulations, and agrees that Meeting Management shall have full power to interpret, amend and enforce all rules and regulations in the best interest of the show.