Volume 35 Number 2 | April 2021
Plans for the American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science (ASCLS), Association of Genetic Technologists (AGT), and Society of American Federal Medical Laboratory Scientists (SAFMLS) 2021 Joint Annual Meeting (JAM) are well underway. JAM is a gathering for those with a mutual interest in advancing medical laboratory science for the benefit of patients. We are optimistic that this year’s JAM, June 27-July 1, will be the best one yet.
JAM Welcomes SAFMLS as a Co-Sponsor
ASCLS and AGT are honored to add our colleagues who care for America’s men and women in uniform and veterans to this meeting. They bring both scientific knowledge and deep expertise in leadership to our annual event.
Choose to Attend Face-to-Face or Online
Following CDC and state of Kentucky guidelines on holding gatherings – including social distancing, mask requirements, and hygiene – JAM will be held at the Omni Louisville Hotel. However, we know that many medical laboratory professionals will be unable to attend in-person for a variety of reasons. So, JAM will offer two attendee options—virtual or face-to-face.
- Virtual Attendance: You will have access to the nearly 70 P.A.C.E.®-approved educational sessions, either streamed live or recorded; industry partner virtual activities; virtual poster presentations; and virtual networking events. You will also have access to all recorded JAM educational sessions for 30 days after the event. You get to choose which session and events you want to attend live and which recordings you will view later when the time is right. Create a personalized JAM experience that fits your schedule and life circumstance.
- Face-to-Face Attendance: In addition to the educational program, digital poster presentations, industry partner exhibits, and networking activities, you’ll also receive access to all recorded JAM educational sessions for 30 days after the event, providing you with about 70 hours of P.A.C.E.®-approved credit. In order to provide a safe environment for attendees, speakers, and industry partners, face-to-face attendance may be limited.
New This Year
All attendees—both face-to-face and virtual—will have access to all recorded sessions for 30 days after the event. If there is more than one session that you want to attend in the same time slot, you won’t miss out on any of the learning experiences. You can also be flexible and create a personal schedule that works best for you.
Educational Program Highlights
The Annual Meeting Steering Committee put together a program that is diverse in scope and in covering the various disciplines of medical laboratory science. Thought leaders and experts in the profession will share their experiences in medical laboratories, giving insight into how you can maximize your impact on patient care.
The full educational program will be available in April. Here is a sneak peek of some sessions you won’t want to miss.
- Quality Assurance ≠ Quality Improvement: Principles of Quality Improvement and Models to Know
- Direct-to-Consumer Genetic and CRISPR Technology
- Leadership Challenges and Successes During COVID-19 from a Large Hospital Lab up to an Enterprise Level
- Applications of Next-Generation Sequencing in Hematological Neoplasms
- Urine Trouble: What Drug Screening in the Clinical Laboratory Can and Can’t Tell Us
- Climbing the Laboratory Ladder
- CLIA and Point of Care Testing
- Professional Certifications: All You Need to Know to Advance Your Career, from Alpha to Zulu
- It Came from the Micro Lab: Diagnostic Cases from Head to Toe
- Social Determinants of Health and their Influence upon Equity in Laboratory Testing
- Droplet Digital PCR—Basic Concepts and Clinical Applications
- The Use and Feasibility of Pathogen Reduction Technology on Several Blood Components
- DCLS Interventions: Improving Detection and Management of Impaired Kidney Function in a Primary Care Setting
We look forward to seeing you in Louisville or online, June 27-July 1!
This year’s Joint Annual Meeting will offer two attendee options—virtual or face-to-face.
Register by April 30 for the best rate. Visit www.labjam.org for more details.