DEADLINE: February 15
The Theriot Award recognizes and encourages the development of significant creative innovations and materials that contribute to the quality of laboratory testing, improved patient care, or enhance teaching.
Recipients receive a certificate at the ASCLS Annual Meeting Awards Ceremony.
- Application for this award is made using the Online Awards Nomination Form.
- Any member of ASCLS that has developed materials in the area of multimedia, materials and/or equipment, or provided the idea for the items
- Any organized group that has developed materials in the area of multimedia, materials and/or equipment, or provided the idea for the items, that is sponsored by an ASCLS member
- All entries must be in a well developed state, not a preliminary stage of investigation or development
- All entries must be submitted on the official ASCLS Theriot Award Application Form
- The application must be typed and sent electronically
- Originality: Was the project original or have a unique approach or concept?
- Graphics/visuals: Does the artwork/graphics enhance the project?
- Goal Achievement: Does the project achieve its goal or purpose?
- Scientific Merit
- Benefit to profession: Does the project improve quality of laboratory testing, patient care/treatment, or enhance teaching?
- Relevance to current laboratory medicine: Was the project timely or critical to laboratory practice?
- Impact on ASCLS Body of Knowledge or scope of practice: Does the project expand the current level of knowledge or scope of practice in clinical laboratory science?
- Accuracy: Was the material accurate to a degree necessary for target audience?
- References: Were references adequate, current, and relevant to the project?
- Professional Quality of Project
- Interest level: Does the project hold attention?
- Ease of use: Is the project “user friendly”?
- Appearance of project: Does the project have polished, professional look reflective of medium selected?
- Understanding of selected media
- Technology: Does the project reflect contemporary technology in the use of selected medium (i.e., current versions of software, contemporary graphics, etc.)?
- Availability: Was the medium used readily available to target audiences?
ASCLS reserves the right to withhold the award for the current year if nominees do not meet requirements.