DEADLINE: February 15
Purpose: The Theriot Award recognizes and encourages the development of significant creative innovations and materials that contribute to the quality of laboratory testing, improved patient care, or enhance teaching.
Award: Recipients receive a plaque at the ASCLS Annual Meeting Awards Ceremony.
- Application for this award is made using the Online Awards Nomination Form.
- Any member of ASCLS that has developed materials in the area of multimedia, materials and/or equipment, or provided the idea for the items
- Any organized group that has developed materials in the area of multimedia, materials and/or equipment, or provided the idea for the items, that is sponsored by an ASCLS member
- All entries must be in a well developed state, not a preliminary stage of investigation or development
- All entries must be submitted on the official ASCLS Theriot Award Application Form.
- The application must be typed and sent electronicially.
- Originality: Was the project original or have a unique approach or concept?
- Graphics/visuals: Does the artwork/graphics enhance the project?
- Goal Achievement: Does the project achieve its goal or purpose?
- Scientific Merit
- Benefit to profession: Does the project improve quality of laboratory testing, patient care/treatment, or enhance teaching?
- Relevance to current laboratory medicine: Was the project timely or critical to laboratory practice?
- Impact on ASCLS Body of Knowledge or scope of practice: Does the project expand the current level of knowledge or scope of practice in clinical laboratory science?
- Accuracy: Was the material accurate to a degree necessary for target audience?
- References: Were references adequate, current, and relevant to the project?
- Professional Quality of Project
- Interest level: Does the project hold attention?
- Ease of use: Is the project “user friendly”?
- Appearance of project: Does the project have polished, professional look reflective of medium selected?
- Understanding of selected media
- Technology: Does the project reflect contemporary technology in the use of selected medium (i.e., current versions of software, contemporary graphics, etc.)?
- Availability: Was the medium used readily available to target audiences?
The Awards Committee reserves the right to withhold the award for the current year if nominees do not meet requirements.