First awarded in 1977, Omicron Sigma is the ASCLS President’s Honor Roll for Outstanding Service. It provides lasting recognition of those dedicated members who volunteer their personal resources, time and energy to ASCLS. Recognition is at three levels: national, regional, and constituent society. This allows constituent society presidents, regional directors, and the ASCLS President to recognize members for outstanding service.
Eligibility: The nominee must be a current member of ASCLS as of December 31.
Nominations: There is no limitation on the number of ASCLS members who can be recognized by the President, Regional Directors, and constituent society presidents. A member who is active at all three levels, National, Regional and Constituent Society can be recognized at all three levels.
Award: All nominees receive a ribbon at the ASCLS Annual Meeting.
Nominations deadline: April 1
Application Process: The National President, Regional Directors, and Constituent Society Presidents will enter recipient names using the form below.
- Check the Dec. 31 membership roster to confirm membership status of nominees and membership number. Non-members will not be considered.
- Submit member’s name as it appears on the ASCLS membership roster. Do not use nicknames. If a nominee is not on the master membership list, the committee will not consider the nomination.
- Provide the constituent society/state in which the nominee is a member.
- Submit the nominee’s ASCLS member number in the field provided.
- Provide a brief explanation of the contribution to be recognized.
- Designate the level of recognition (constituent, regional, national).
- The ASCLS President typically sends a personal letter to his/her national nominees. It is the responsibility of the Regional Directors and Constituent Society/State Presidents to notify their members of the region/state level nomination. The ASCLS Awards Committee will not mail letters to these individuals.