Information for Poster Authors
Anyone showcasing a poster must be registered for the Joint Annual Meeting, and pay the appropriate fee.
Posters will be presented digitally, for viewing by all attendees (no physical/paper versions will be displayed). Poster authors will be asked to provide their posters as PPT files, which will be converted to PDFs for posting within the meeting app. Posters should be designed in PowerPoint (landscape view, widescreen preferred).
Authors are also encouraged to pre-record/narrate (recommend <10 mins) an overview of their poster research/findings to share with our attendees. You can save that recording to a shared location (such as a Google Drive, DropBox, etc.) and provide the URL for posting in the meeting platform.
DISPLAY & DESIGN GUIDELINES
Corporate logos and advertisements are not permitted on poster presentations; institutional logos are permitted.
- Choose easy-to-read, simple block letters without serifs. Avoid italics.
- Headings should be in capital letters.
- The space between lines should be at least ¾ of the height of the letters. Leave plenty of space between the components of the presentation.
- Photographs, line graphs, bar graphs, pie charts and graphic illustrations may be useful. Avoid illustrations which are unclear, difficult to read, or too busy.
- Color is an advantage (avoid using red vs. green in comparisons as both appear gray to red-green color-blind colleagues)
- Interactive opportunities (such as QR codes) and/or handouts are highly valued by poster viewers.
PRESENTATION & JUDGING
Poster judging will be completed at designated times Monday and Tuesday – see the 2022 JAM Poster Judging Schedule. Presenters will need to be available during their assigned time for a live presentation with the judges via Zoom and/or in-person. Presenters will have ~8 mins to present their research and address questions from the judges.
Judging will include an evaluation of the following:
- Content of the poster (ie: Abstract, Introduction, Methods/Results/Data and Discussion/Conclusion)
- Poster design and layout (logical organization, clear figures and tables with appropriate legends, and accuracy of the overall display)
- Presentation interview (presenters understanding of the work, the organization and clarity of presentation and ability to respond to questions).
SUBMISSION OF POSTER FILES
We ask that you submit a PPT file of your poster (and the URL to your presentation recording, if applicable) by June 13, 2022 using the form below. Failure to meet this deadline will result in disqualification from poster competitions and ability to present at this meeting.