Discuss, collaborate, and expand your professional network with ASCLS Connect.
- Engage in online discussions ranging from getting advice from other laboratorians in your discipline, to learning about the latest news from your local society, to continuing discussions with fellow attendees of a recent event, and more.
- Find content from all of the communities to which you belong on one personalized home page.
- Each private community allows you to collaborate, share documents, and accomplish your goals more easily.
Advance your expertise in medical laboratory science by expanding your scientific knowledge and clinical laboratory skills.
- ASCLS hosts four major live conferences each year, and members receive discounted registration rates.
- ASCLS Labucate provides virtual learning and self study courses, including a number of free courses for members (browse by the category “Free for ASCLS Members”).
- Most ASCLS constituent societies also host local educational meetings, usually in the late fall or spring.
- ASCLS offers two certification maintenance continuing education packages you can add on to your membership.
All education through the ASCLS Education website is P.A.C.E.® accredited. ASCLS P.A.C.E.® is accepted by the ASCP/ASCLS/AGT Board of Certification and all states, including Florida and California, as an approved provider of continuing education for recertification and licensure. ASCLS is an approved provider with CE Broker for Florida licensees.
Connect with your local community of medical laboratory professionals.
ASCLS includes a network of constituent societies throughout the nation.
- Meet and discuss local and statewide problems; compare and contrast issues, standards, and methodologies of your respective laboratories; and stimulate local/regional interest in the profession.
- Access a dedicated online community for communication and networking.
- Participate in workshops, seminars, and annual meetings, relevant to your local environment.
Find a job or fill a job with the ASCLS Career Center.
- The ASCLS Career Center is part of the National Healthcare Network, giving ASCLS members access to a vast, interprofessionally connected set of career networks in healthcare.
- Job seekers can browse open positions and post their resume and contact information for employers who are looking to fill open positions.
- ASCLS members are flagged for higher visibility, giving them a leg up on the competition.
- ASCLS members also receive reduced pricing on job postings.
Discover content created by medical laboratory professionals for medical laboratory professionals.
- Clinical Laboratory Science is an online journal featuring articles on research, education, and government actions affecting the profession.
- ASCLS Today, our print newsletter, is published six times a year and provides updates and success stories on association activities in the legislative, educational, and membership arenas.
- Society News Now is a monthly e-newsletter that includes the most recent Society news and important announcements on state news, committees, and current events, as well as member highlights.
- Off the Bench podcast is produced monthly and discusses scientific and not-so-scientific ideas in laboratory medicine.
- Follow ASCLS on social media for the most recent news and to connect with the broader medical laboratory community.
Be a #Labvocate.
As new laws and regulations bring momentous changes to clinical laboratory science, your ASCLS membership provides you with liaisons to Congress and federal and state agencies.
- Our government affairs team monitors and influences laws and regulations that affect the profession.
- Extensive grassroots involvement from the membership ensures that the concerns of the profession are heard in Congress.
- ASCLS holds an annual Laboratory Legislative Symposium where participants learn the manner in which current issues are being addressed within government and are briefed in lobbying skills. Participants also meet with members of Congress to discuss the issues important to the profession and to advocate for our best interests.
“The ASCLS community provides me with the network, education, and required skills to become a dynamic leader, not only to visualize the invisible world of laboratory medicine but also the immense possibilities of our profession.”
– Pratik Karna, MLS(ASCP)CM