- Two $400 travel grants for ASCLS Developing Professional Members provided by the ASCLS Developing Professional Forum
- Two $750 travel grants for ASCLS Ascending Professional Members provided by the ASCLS Ascending Professionals Forum
How to Apply:
- Complete the online form below. Items with an asterick (*) are required.
- Upload both requested documents:
- Statement of Purpose Essay: In an essay of 500 words or less, describe why you would like to attend the 2020 ASCLS Legislative Symposium. Include any recent or current involvement at the local, state, and national levels of ASCLS. Document should be uploaded in Microsoft Word format.
- Character Reference: Upload one (1) Professional / Character Reference Letter. Some examples of professional references include: Program director, Professor, or Supervisor.
Deadline for Submission: Monday, February 3, 2020
Note: We will NOT ask for missing documents. Only COMPLETED APPLICATIONS will be reviewed.
To be considered for a travel grant, each applicant must:
- Be a current ASCLS member. Your application must coincide with your membership category.
- Have registered as a full conference attendee to the 2020 ASCLS Legislative Symposium.
- Not be the ASCLS National Ascending Professionals Forum Chair, Vice-Chair, or Secretary.
- Not be the ASCLS National Developing Professional Forum Chair, Vice-Chair, or Secretary.
Preference is given to the following:
- Members who have a record of active professional/student organization involvement and/or interest in professional activities.
- Individuals that have been a member for at least 4 months.
- Applicants who are not receiving funding from any other ASCLS source. If you are receiving outside funding, please be sure to list this assistance in your Statement of Purpose essay (e.g. – from your state or region society, education program).
To receive a travel grant, grantees must:
- Attend the ASCLS Legislative Symposium
- Complete a W-9 form.
- Submit a one-page summary of your experiences within 2 weeks of the end of the conference.
NOTE: All recipients will be awarded the funds following the meeting. Grant funds will not be disbursed unless all of the above grant requirements are met by required deadlines. Please consider this information when making travel arrangements.
It is expected that recipients will maintain their ASCLS Membership and provide active service at the local, state or national level after receipt of grant.