The mission of ASCLS is to make a positive impact in health care through leadership that will assure excellence in the practice of laboratory medicine.
- Quality laboratory service is essential to quality health care.
- Everyone deserves access to safe, effective, efficient, equitable, and patient-centered healthcare, and
- Advancing the laboratory profession advances health care.
ASCLS Core Values:
- Defining the characteristics of competent personnel within the profession and providing professional development opportunities so that practitioners can maintain competency are essential roles of a professional association.
- Enabling laboratory professionals to function at their highest level of competence will contribute to cost effective health care.
- Promoting diversity supports the delivery of quality laboratory service.
- Taking a leadership role in standard and policy setting is a core professional responsibility.
- Advocating for quality within the laboratory is essential to the assurance of quality health care delivery.