An objective of MLPW is to educate healthcare professionals, the public, and others about the role of the laboratory professional in patient care. ASCLS has many items available that can be used for this effort.
Purchase MLPW promotional items at the official MLPW online store.
Other items, described below, are available; some require purchase.
- 2014 MLPW logo in full color and black-and-white
- Download the MLPW Promotional Guide, filled with ideas for celebrating and building awareness about the profession - coming soon!
- Tent Cards and Magnets - purchase templates to print your own supply of Tent Cards and Magnets with the official MLPW 2014 logo; visit the ASCLS Online Store to purchase - coming soon
- Badge Holders - purchase badge holders with the MLPW logo for you and your co-workers! visit the ASCLS Online Store to purchase.
- ADVANCE Newsmagazines Lab Week Tool Kit
- ADVANCE Newsmagazine - free webinar on tips for celebrating MLPW; presented by ASCLS Promotion of the Professions Chair, Beth Warning
- Clinical Lab Tests and Disease - a trifold flyer develped by the East Carolina University Clinical Lab Science Program. It describes who performs laboratory testing and provides a table to explain what common blood and urine tests can help to identify.
- A Life Saved: Laboratory Professionals Make A Difference Video - poignant and moving video that inspires and empowers laboratory professionals to articulate the importance of their contributions to patient care.
- Patient Safety Tips Flyers - coming soon! - created by the ASCLS Patient Safety Committee to educate patients on blood specimen collection and fasting; with MLPW 2013 logo
- Personal Pocket Lab Guide - coming soon! - this small flyer was developed by the ASCLS Patient Safety Committee. It is designed for patients to use to track their commonly performed lab tests; personalize with your lab's contact information; with the MLPW 2013 logo
- Lab Tests Online — an unprecedented resource for healthcare consumers to understand the meaning of their laboratory test results; information about how to promote this site is available at the website.
- Labs Are Vital - a website with resources to promote and celebrate laboratory professionals everywhere
- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Laboratory video - view short video describing the value of laboratory professionals